WHO WE ARE
All Star Code is a nonprofit computer science education organization focused on motivated Black and Latino young men. Few organizations prepare this underserved group for careers in the innovation economy. Our ultimate goal is to close the wealth, income, and opportunity gaps.
MISSION & VISION
The tech industry is the engine of innovation and job growth, yet only 1% of VC-backed startups have a Black or Latino person on the founding team. All Star Code creates economic opportunity by developing a new generation of entrepreneurs who have the tools they need to succeed in technology.
All Star Code sits at the center of a vast and complex ecosystem of technology, entrepreneurship, and education. We are seeing our first Marketing Associate to come on board and spread the word about the important work we're doing to create economic opportunity for motivated young Black and Latino men.
- Develop and execute on an acquisition and brand strategy for print and digital media focused on storytelling.
- Take advantage of All Star Code’s massive and influential network with targeted email marketing
- Create and ensure a consistent look and feel for all ASC materials, events and communication
- Discover, curate, and share compelling stories from All Star Code’s students and supporters
- Own the content, look, and feel of the ASC website; manage or work with vendors for design and maintenance
- Create market strategies for targeting and recruiting new students, including digital messaging, targeting and channel execution
- Develop processes to monitor campaign effectiveness, while identifying and optimizing opportunities
- Analyze and react to social media engagement data
WHO YOU ARE
- Impact-Driven Professional with 2-4 years of Digital Marketing experience and eagerness to learn and grow. You bring a proven track record of success in paid user acquisition and user engagement and in effective email marketing
- Problem Solver – You may not always know the answer, but you’ll dive into learning all you can to find it. You’re willing to try new things and experiment.
- Storyteller who can bring the work of All Star Code to life in the form of various platforms.
- Social Media Whiz who follows the data, but also has a strong passion for creativity and staying ahead of the trends.
- Project Manager who enjoys seeing projects from idea to product delivery, able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Autonomous Learner – You absorb information quickly whether it is verbal or written, you ask questions, and you anticipate the needs of the organization and your colleagues. You bring a strong work ethic, collaborative attitude and a hunger to learn and teach.
- Exceptional Writer and Communicator – You write well and take pride in your ability to do so, especially when given the opportunity to communicate an idea, topic, or vision that you are passionate about. With this skill comes exceptional grammar and – just in case – copies of On Writing Well and The Elements of Style sit on your desk.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT ALL STAR CODE
Joining the All Star Code means a commitment to our three pillars: Dare Greatly, Celebrate Failure, and Tell Your Story. It's a fast-moving environment with a focus on outcomes for our All Stars.
All Star Code is a great place to work - our offices are at Bond Collective in the Financial District in Manhattan; we share common space with some of the newest and most cutting-edge startups in the city. Our alumni are always dropping in to say hi or get support for their budding college and entrepreneurship prospects, and our walls are covered in the plans we’re making to improve our programs and initiatives.
FInancial District, Manhattan, New York City
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary is competitive and All Star Code offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees.
All Star Code is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.